Sunday, February 8, 2009

Almost one year...a victory

One week to go and I'll be at my one year anniversary...but I have to say today I felt the true impact of WHY I had this surgery.

I've been depressed for like two months because I've been having problems with a tooth, requiring  a root canal, a crown, and now I have to have it extracted and have implants which cost a fortune. So, I've been on pain meds and feeling down in general...

Then, today...it was beautiful and unseasonably warm...all day long Cole kept begging to go outside, but I was tired, in pain, and the last thing I wanted to do was move. But finally I got the motivation to take Cole to the playground at his school. We played basketball, and I felt the benefits of losing nearly 100 lbs...I could move without fear, without pain, and I could laugh and enjoy physical activity with my son.

But the really awesome part was when I sat in a swing next to Cole...that it didn't hurt or I wasn't afraid that I would break the swing...and as I pushed the swing higher and looked over at Cole who was laughing his head off...I knew I'd reached a level of success that this surgery was meant to bring me...LIFE. I was living my life in the moment, enjoying every second, feeling free, feeling happy and knowing that this was absolutely the right decision for me.

I've been struggling to get to 100lbs by this Friday...but even if I don't make it...I know I did make it...and I'm going to keep going...roller coasters this summer at Cedar Point...who knows..the sky is the limit :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It made me smile to read this. Good for you.